8/26/08

A wedding present.





This weekend I was in the wedding of two friends from high school. I often like to make art as a gift for my close friends. I feel like it will have more sentimental value if it's something I made with them in mind. But it's also a bit nerve racking because you hope they will like it.

The wedding was very colorful with flower print dresses, so I wanted to take close-up photos of flowers in their wedding colors (yellow, green, purple, magenta/red). I then printed the photos on canvas and wrapped the canvas around stretcher bars. Their is no need for a frame because the image wraps around the sides. It was my first time doing this, and I'm very happy with the results. I think it looks bold and modern. What do you think?

p.s. Please excuse the photos as I took them with my little point and shoot digital camera. There is some distortion with that lens.

2 comments:

kula said...

i think they are wonderful. i want some to hang in the blue room!

xo
k

Anonymous said...

Umm yes, so I am not the brightest person out there...I definitely posted my comment about these photos on your regular Myspace blog post. Anyway, "well done" and check your other blog for my comment! =)