11/19/08

Chilly Puppy

During the winter, my poor doggy gets very chilly.  His short thin fur just doesn't give his little body enough warmth.  While watching a movie and thinking about how cozy I was in my hoodie and PJ pants, I decided to make him a full body hooded fleece.  I used my monthly JoAnn Fabric's 40% off coupon to get this fantastic skull pattern fleece fabric for just $6.00.  Then I used the pattern for his past Halloween costumes (slightly modified).



From start to finish the whole thing took 2.5 hrs.  I think he looks both warm and totally bad ass.  What do ya think?






He seemed excited.  When I held it out for him, he put his head right in while wagging his tail.  I'm thinking about putting a kangaroo pocket on the back to make it more hoodie-like.  The best news is, I had enough fabric to make a scarf for both me and the hubbins.  Christmas card outfits maybe?



5 comments:

liverachi said...

omg!!!! i love this lil' gittup!

kula said...

this is fab. you're amazing. and i know ronin is so happy and warm. i just love you.

kula said...

i love this. And i bet ronin does too. your wonderful. And you make me warm thinking about you.

albion said...

skulls=badass

a doggy hoodie with skulls=extra badass

Unknown said...

so awesome! He's a lucky pup that's for sure!