11/18/08

Sew Crazy

In the past couple of weeks I have been feeling very motivated to sew some new projects. I'm really intrigued by the idea of re-fashioning garments into something new. My closet, and goodwill can be my fabric store. Why buy new fabric when there are so many old garments out there just waiting for a new life. My first project is going to be from this pattern.



Yes, Project Runway has its own patterns now. This pattern is a bit more complicated than other things I have sewn in the past. I'm excited but nervous. I'm going to do everything by the instructions as opposed to how I usually do it...just wing it. I'm thinking short sleeve with the cowlneck. I have this great 70s dress that is black with a big graphic floral print up one side that I'm thinking I'm going to use. I will post before and after pics when I am finished.

I was looking around on Urban Outfitters website, and there are SO many things on there that inspire me. Enjoy!


2 comments:

kula said...

i wish i could sew. james sewed a patch on for me this week. i want to make or re-make my clothes. you inspire me. xo

B.M. Ellingson, Ph.D. said...

Project runway templates??? Even for the god-awful designs created by that really eccentric guy? I am glad you have new motivation to sew again....you are so good at it. Now sew me some trousers (yes, I called my pants trousers!) *muah*